Sunday, May 22, 2011

Old Tag Revived: 40 Beauty Questions!! (but really 42Q's)

So here is an old beauty tag I found....I'm bored but it's not a nice enough day to take pics so I decided to do a tag :) This is the 40 Beauty Questions tag that was going around a while back.

SKINCARE;

1. How many times do you wash your face daily? At least once but more often than not twice. I always wash it when I have a shower in the morning but I can get a bit lazy at night, so sometimes I will just use a makeup wipe and then rinse my face and put moisturiser on. 

2. What type of skin do you have? I would say I have normal to dry skin. It can get dry in places but mostly its quite normal all over so that is a positive. Some of you with oily skin might kill me for this but I never find I need to touch up my makeup during the day (esp when using long-lasting products).

3. What is your current facial wash? Recently I have been using the St Ives Green Tea face cleanser, which I really like. It smells so sweet and yummy (nothing like green tea!) and I find that it helps to calm my redness. 

4. Do you exfoilate? Yes I do, probably about 2-3 times a week when I am in a good routine.

5. What brand do you use? I usually use the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub one as I find it really clears away the dead skin.

6. What moisturiser do you use? It depends if I am feeling cheap or expensive haha When I am feeling cheap I use the Nivea one for young skin in the blue container. However when I have that little bit extra to spend I like to use the Shiseido Men's Moisturising Emulsion - I use the men's one as I find it to be exactly the same as the woman's and you get 100ml in the men's for ~$60 and only 40ml in the woman's for pretty much the same price. 

7. Do you have freckles? Yes, a lot and I think they are great! Although when I wear makeup you can't see them as much of course.

8. Do you use eye cream? I like to think I am young enough that I don't really need it, however when I can be bothered I will put some on, nothing fancy though just a nivea one.

9. Did you or do you have acne prone skin? Yes I do. For me it started when I was in about yr 11 or 12 and I still have acne now (I'm 23 this year). I tend to get the more cystic acne though, which is painful and quite difficult to cover. 

10. Did you ever have to use Pro-activ? No I have never used it, I have always been curious to try it but I didn't think for the price it was worth it, I'm happy just using my supermarket brand cleansers for the moment. 

MAKEUP;

11. What foundation do you use? This changes regularly but my faves are Nars Sheer Glow, Revlon Colourstay and Covergirl Tru Blend.

12. How about concealer? Maybelline Dream Mousse Concealer by far!! 

13. Do you know your undertone colour? Definitely yellow

14. What do you think of fake eyelashes? I wish I could apply them properly! haha I think they are a bit impracticable for everyday but for special occasions they are great. 

15. Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes but I am a bit slack with this one, probably because I have never actually fully used up a mascara haha

16. What brand of mascara do you use? Mostly maybelline, they are cheap and consistently good I find. 

17. Sephora or MAC? I've never been to a Sephora :( we don't have them in Oz but from what I have seen I think I would definitely pick Sephora.

18. Do you have a MAC pro card? haha nope I don't even think we have one in Perth

19. What makeup tools do you use in makeup application? Brushes for sure, I use Sigma brushes. Would love some other higher-end brands but can't justify the price at the moment. Other tools include; eyelash curler, spoolies - they are my fave!! and sponges.

20. Do you use makeup base/primer for the eyes? Yes, either mac paint pot or urban decay primer potion which I got recently with my naked palette and thats prob my fave. 

21. For the face? I have before but I personally don't see a difference from when I use it to when I don't and it's just another layer I'd prefer not to add. 

22. What is your favourite eyeshadow? (colour or shade) Urban Decay in Sin and Sidecar are my current faves.

23. Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? Both, pencil for the waterline and tightline and liquid/gel for lash line.

24. How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Not very often, I sometimes get myself in the eye with my powder brush (weird I know). I think its coz I wear contacts and my eyes have become desensitised to things coming at them haha

25. What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? Probably the same as everyone else...very impracticable even though most of them are beautiful.

26. Do you use mineral makeup? Not really, never really appealed that much to me probably because of the mess factor.

27. What is your favourite lipstick? I've only recently got into lipsticks so I can't really say I have a favourite but orangey coral would have to be my fave colour lipstick. 

28. How about lipgloss? Nars Chihuahua for sure!

29. What is your favourite blush to use? This is such a hard question! Probably Nars Orgasm at the moment but its too hard to choose a forever favourite. 

30. Do you buy your makeup on ebay? Only the cheaper stuff, like the big colour eyeshadow palettes and the blush palettes. 

31. Do you like drugstore makeup? Yes! Some of it is really great, like Covergirl's Tru Blend foundation and maybelline dream mousse concealer as well as mascaras. 

32. Do you go to CCO's (cosmetic company outlets)? I wish I could! I don't think they exist in Oz let alone Perth..

33. Did you ever consider taking makeup classes? Yes, I am taking one with my sis in a couple of months that she bought off one of those deal websites. I'm also considering going to beauty school but not sure yet.

34. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup? Only when I can't be bothered...

35. Name a makeup crime you hate? Unblended foundation lines and fake looking organgey bronzer would have to be the worst wouldn't they??

36. Do you like colourful shades of makeup or neutral ones? I used to only wear colours but as I have gotten older I have gotten into the neutral shades. But I still like wearing bright colours.

37. Which celebrity always has great makeup? I like Evan Rachel Wood's makeup (esp in the gucci ads and in true blood) and also Oliver Wilde's and of course the Kardashians, although I think Kim's overdone the eyelash extensions!

38. If you could leave the house using just ONE makeup item, what would you use? Concealer for sure.

39. Could you ever leave the house without makeup on? Yeah for sure, I think everyone needs to be able to do this but I definitely prefer wearing it. 

40. Do you think you look good without any makeup on? Depends on the day but generally I do.

41. In your opinion what is the best makeup line? I haven't tried all the higher end brands yet but from what I have tried I would have to say Nars. But my fave eyeshadows are Urban Decay.

42. What do you think of make-up? Obviously I enjoy it, it's great to play around with but also gives me confidence. 

Let me know if you do this tag!! xox

No comments: