Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Haul Time!!

So I just got back from shopping...I know I know I shouldn't be shopping when I'm technically going to be unemployed in 2 weeks but hey I needed to get some clothes for my "potential" job interviews and it's not my fault that the beauty sections of the shops were right next to the clothes...plus I got some great deals :)



As you can see in the pic I went a bit nuts at Priceline and bought 3 Maybelline Dream Mousse concealers - but I have reasoning. They were only $6.38 each, probably because it's being discontinued but it's my HG concealer so I thought I would stockpile a few while they are cheap.


Next stop Target where Bourjois was 3 for 2. So I finally picked up the much talked about "chocolate bronzer" ($30), the volumizer mascara ($24) and a metallic waterproof eyeliner in #53 ($16).


The bronzer is gorgeous! The packaging, the smell (like very sweet chocolate), the texture (so silky) and the colour are all great. Definitely pick this up if you haven't already.


This mascara is one that I would always stop at while in Priceline. I've been wanting to try it for ages so with the 3 for 2 deal I thought why not. I haven't given this a go yet but it looks promising. It's one of those mascaras with the 2 steps, one skinnier defining brush and then a fat volumising brush. 

Step one brush

Step two brush

My last Bourjois item was a toss up between one of their foundations and an eyeliner...I tested the foundations and they didn't really impress me so I decided to get an eyeliner. I got one of the metallic waterproof ones in a golden bronzey colour that I plan to use on my waterline. 

The last product I got was one I was looking at while waiting for my script at the chemist to be done (always a high risk time for beauty buying!!). 


It's Cetaphil's moisturising cream for dry sensitive skin. I got this because I had heard good things about it on youtube and I am in need of a good moisturiser as we are getting into winter and my skin has been getting really dry. I tested it out in the store and this is super moisturising and isn't greasy or sticky so I decided why not!

Here are the swatches of all my new swag :)

No flash from L to R: Bronzer, Eyeliner, Concealer & Moisturiser.

Have you tried any of these products? Let me know what you think of them :)

****Also when I was in Priceline I saw them putting up the new Model's Own stand and I felt some of their brushes. They felt AMAZING! They were super soft and dense too. I was going to buy the contour eye brush but I felt too guilty about it haha Let me know if you have seen these or if you have bought any.

Hope your having a great day so far xoxo

1 comment:

Eugene Upholstery said...

Interesting reading your blog