Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Faves :)


April was a pretty blah month for me, I spent most of it quite ill and a part of it in hospital with what the doctors think was a bad case of gastro...and I found out I need to get a new job as the owners of the shop I work at now have decided to sell it and the new owners don't want a full-timer :( 

But amongst all the crapiness these products kept me semi-beautiful (obviously when I was sick I wasn't the most attractive thing in the world haha)...now to my saviours!

The first product is a very popular aussie product, loved by pretty much everyone I have ever met, Lucas' Papaw Ointment. This stuff is a lifesaver for lips! It is so moisturising and makes your lips feel so good. When I was sick I was extremely dehydrated and this stuff saved my lips. I put it on before bed and it was still on my lips when I woke up, which is just crazy!


The next is a new foundation I have been trying out, as I just can't afford to keep purchasing my beloved Nars Sheer Glow especially when I'm job-hunting! It is Covergirl's Trublend Foundation in ivory. I love this foundation the packaging is great, its in a glass bottle and it has a pump which gives you the perfect amount each time. It matches my pale skin and it blends really nicely and doesn't feel heavy at all. The only downside is that it doesn't last all day, however I have been mixing it with a little bit of Revlon Colourstay and that has helped it last a lot longer.


Third is my Nars blush in Orgasm, this has been on my cheeks for about two thirds of this month which is crazy as I usually change up my blush everyday. Not sure why I'm so attached to it this month, maybe it has been helping me look a little healthier.


And my next fave is what I have started to apply my blushes with and its my Sigma Duo Fibre F50 brush. For some reason I never tried using this brush for blush until this month...crazy I know as it works so well, especially with highly pigmented blushes as it doesn't grab too much product.


This next fave I have been lusting over for sooooooooooooo long! It was given to me by my mum who has been in Europe this month and I can't believe I now own it. It's the Urban Decay Naked Palette. This palette is as good as everyone describes it. The colours are AMAZING and you can create so many different looks with this one palette. The packaging is gorgeous too and it's perfect for travel as you have everything you need for your eyes in the one palette. Since getting this I haven't touched another eyeshadow from my collection so it definitely deserves a spot here.




RPR Treatment Repair my Hair Mask is my favourite product this month for my hair. I used this for the first time this month and my hair was soooooo soft and felt so healthy. It has an amazing coconut smell that lasts on your hair, so if your not a coconut fan steer clear but I am and I love the smell of this.


The next product I had heard mentioned in a youtube video once briefly about clearing your skin. It is Witch Hazel. It is pretty potent, containing 14% alcohol, which you can definitely smell! The smell of this is horrible (Don't use when your hungover! haha) but it goes away within about a minute after application. I just dot this on the spots on my skin and it dries them out and makes them disappear a lot quicker. I don't know how good this is for your skin and I definitely wouldn't use it all over or on a regular basis as it is very drying but on the occasional spot it seems to work well.


Revlon Fabulash is my fave mascara for the month of April and has been on my lashes pretty much every day this month. I dunno why but I haven't heard much about this mascara online but I really like it, it makes my lashes look super full and fluttery.


Nars Chihuahua lipgloss has been on my lips when I felt the need for a bit more colour. This colour is a beautiful pink that is a touch darker than my natural lip colour so it makes them stand out just that little bit more without being too much.


And what have I been smelling like all month??? My new fave perfume Gucci Guilty. This perfume is the sexiest scent I have ever owed and I love it. The packaging is just gorgeous and I love seeing it on my counter.




Have you tried any of these products? What are your faves for the month of April??



2 comments:

Haute_Style said...

Fantastic faves! Very jealous you have the UD Naked Palette! LOVE!

Hannah said...

Thanks :) Yeah I casually mentioned to mum that I wanted it thinking she wouldn't be able to find it let alone know what it was. I was so shocked when she gave it to me!! It is such a beautiful palette, as good as everyone says for sure!