Sunday, May 29, 2011

BYS Review: Blushes

It's blush time people! This is the next review in my brand overview of the Aussie brand BYS.

Top L-R: Peach Sundae, Candyfloss, Baked in Peachy
Bottom L-R: Pink Velvet, Pretty in Pink, Coral

I own 5 of the regular powder blushes by BYS and 1 of the baked blushes. The baked blush is nice but it's only 3g (the regular ones are 5g) and from memory I think they are a tad more expensive.

I often reach for these blushes over my higher-end blushes and I am not disappointed when I do.

So what's good about these blushes?

  • The price! $3.95 for one.
  • Great pigmentation
  • Great classic colours
  • Blend nicely
  • Last a considerable amount of time on the cheeks.

What's not so good?
  • Not much...if I was going to pick something it would be I wish they had more colours! 
  • The texture of the blushes isn't as nice as I'd hope but it's still very workable and at the price I can't really complain. 

Swatches L-R: Baked Blush in Peachy, Peach Sundae, Coral,
Candyfloss, Pretty in Pink and Pink Velvet.

As you can see from the swatches the blushes are beautiful and so so pigmented. My favourite colours are of course the peach shades. Coral would have to be my favourite but I also use Peach Sundae a lot as a highlight colour. It adds a beautiful sheen to the cheekbones, I even had to repurchase this after hitting pan on my first one!!

These blushes are available from anywhere that stocks BYS including Gloss cosmetics, Ice accessories, K-mart, The Reject Shop or online at Fashion Addict.

Have any of you tried theses blushes? If so what did you think?? 

Hope you've had a great weekend xo

No comments: