Thursday, January 12, 2012

POBM: Perth's Online Beauty Meet-up

Last Sunday I was invited to attend the first ever Perth online beauty bloggers meet-up. It was organised (amazingly well) by Annette from Wellness WA and held at quite possibly the most beautiful spa I have ever seen, Djurra Salon & Spa in Fremantle. 

(Photo courtesy of Kelly-Anne from Wellness WA)

I must say when I first received the invitation I was pretty excited! I had seen all the numerous blog posts and tweets about the ABBW over east and subsequent events and meet-ups those girls have had and been so very jealous that I couldn't go. 

When we arrived at the spa we were all treated to a Aveda Blue Oil mini massage, which is something given to all customers upon entry. It was lovely and the oil left me with a tingling sensation on my neck and shoulders which felt really nice. This was followed by a cup of Aveda's Peppermint and Liquorice tea. Since I have just started getting into drinking peppermint tea so I really loved this and the hint of liquorice really complements and sweetens the peppermint. 

Receiving our Aveda Blue Oil Massage
(Photo courtesy of Kelly-Anne from Wellness WA)

Anita, the owner of Djurra, gave us a little background in why she teamed up with Aveda who are an all-natural beauty brand and her philosophy about the spa before giving us a quick tour (not easy to do with 18 eager girls!). The building is amazing, the walls (which are the definitely the focus) are a mixture of exposed brick and grey wall and the treatment rooms were exquisite. 

Gorgeous Space
(Photo courtesy of Kelly-Anne from Wellness WA)

After all the introductions we chatted while Annette was busy laying out the food for the event, generously provided by The Raw Kitchen in Fremantle. I have to admit I have never tried "raw food" before (unless you count carrots and dip :P) but it was surprisingly good. There was a raw pizza as well as two raw desserts; a macaroon and a mint cacao swirl (which tasted like a huge after dinner mint - so yummy). To wash all the raw food down Emma and Tom's Juices provided juice which was so so yummy and apparently equivalent to 3 pieces of fruit which is why we all felt so full afterwards. 

The "Raw Food"
(Photo courtesy of Kelly-Anne from Wellness WA)

All the while this is happening the lovely ladies at Djurra were performing foot soaks on the girls. I unfortunately didn't get to have one but everyone was saying how amazing they were and I don't doubt it based on the mini massages. 

Once we were fed and bathed ;) we were given some tips on how to be healthy from the inside out from Naturopath Adele Plumridge. She spoke about the importance of Zinc in our diets to maintain healthy skin and how we need to make sure we are getting enough Vitamin D to boost our immune system. Then out came the shot glasses! Yep you heard me....although the shots weren't what I was hoping for! We each got given a shot of zinc to take in order to determine if our bodies were zinc deficient. We had to swirl it around in our mouthes for ten seconds and depending on what we could taste determined our zinc levels. Mine were ok but could be improved. 

Adele talking to us all
(Photo courtesy of Kelly-Anne from Wellness WA)

Once our minds were full we moved on to something I was very excited about, our product swap! We were asked to bring three or more items either new or barely used to swap. In return we got to pick three new products to take home with us. I scored my first Illamasqua blush from the swap! Its a very bright berry pink colour called Tweak which I love. I also scored the new Dove foaming makeup remover which Suzanne raves about so I am excited to try that. The third item I picked up was a Bourjois Duo Effect Blush which comes with a matte colour and a shimmery colour. Since there were extra products I also scored a fourth item which was the L'Oreal Volume Lift Tecniart Volumising Mousse. 

Products on our swap table :)

My Goodies from the Beauty Swap

Annette spoiled us with two very heavy gift bags at the end of the day filled to the brim with different products, all provided by very generous sponsors which I will list at the end of this (very long) post. I'll be reviewing some of the products once I get a chance to test them out a bit more so look out for that. Anita generously gifted us all with an Aveda bag filled with some Aveda products which was very nice of her. 

The MASSIVE goodie bags!

The Aveda goodie bag

There were also two door prizes at the end of the day, one of which I was really lucky to win! I never win anything so this was pretty cool. As a prize I received a really cute and really big bag from Endota Spa as well as four of their organic products which smell amazing! 

Me receiving my prize!!
(Photo courtesy of Kelly-Anne from Wellness WA)

What was inside the Endota Bag!!

It was a fantastic day and the best bit was getting to put faces to the twitter handles and blog names of all the girls which was great. A big thanks once again to Annette for organising everything and to Anita and the ladies from Djurra for supplying the venue and the mini treatments. Also thanks to Adele for explaining the importance of being healthy on the inside and out. 

Anissa from BeautifullyGlossy, Megan from Beauty in the Sky, Me
and Suzanne from Don'tTheyKnowWhoIAm?

Anissa, Megan, Sarah from Dempeaux, Annette our wonderful organiser from
Wellness WA, Me and Suzanne
(Photo courtesy of Sarah)

Here is a list of the very generous sponsors who also deserve a lot of credit :)

The Raw Kitchen
Emma & Toms Juices
Serenade Organics Paula
Alison Jade 
Dr Bronner 
Ella Bache
Invisible Zinc
Palm Beach Collection
Dr Lewinns
Bio Oil
Revitanail
Peachy Clean
Purist
Bella Hart 
Echolife 
Lush 
Endota
Franc Essential
MOR
WotNot
EGPR
Dermalogica
Peter Thomas Roth
Becca
Bobbi Brown
A Foodly Affair
Eve Perez
mi:skn
Aveda
OPI
Wasp Lashes

Thanks for sticking around and reading this very long post! Hope you are all well :) 

Hannah xoxo

5 comments:

Beauty in the Sky said...

Great post Hannah, it was so lovely to meet you! Those two blushes you got in the swap were brought in by me :) hope you enjoy them!

dempss01 said...

Great post and pictures! It was an awesome day, and that Endota Spa pack looked amazing. Looking forward to the reviews, and it was so great to meet you!

GlossQueen said...

I can't wait to see what you think of the Endota products. I love every one of the Endota products I've tried.

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

What a fun event. Bet you girls had so much fun.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Hannah said...

@Megan Thanks, it was great to meet you too. I love the blushes! I was so happy when I got the Illamasqua one!!

@Sarah Great to meet you too!! I can't take credit for the pictures haha they were mostly all ones I took from the FB group that Kelly-Anne took. I've never tried Endota stuff before so I was so excited to win it, will definitely be doing a lot of reviews.

@Anissa There's so much stuff in the goodie bags to test out haha I will definitely be trying the Endota stuff out soon though and will do a post about my thoughts xo

@GIrlie Blogger It was so so fun! Thanks :)