Saturday, January 28, 2012

January Glossy Box

I can't believe January is over already, I mean it feels like just yesterday that it was Christmas time! Crazyness

So I received my Glossy Box this past week and thought I would share with you what was inside in case you guys are still umming and ahhing about subscribing to one of these beauty box services.

I know there was a lot of people complaining on Facebook about their box taking a long time to arrive, seeing as it is supposed to come mid-month and did not get here until this week but I didn't really mind too much. Being in Perth it tends to take a while for packages to come and since I knew it was on it's way it didn't bother me too much that it arrived towards the end of the month. Plus they are still a relatively new company here so I expect some kinks with the system.

This was my second Glossy Box and as I was really impressed with December's box (read my post here) I was excited to see what they would include this month. I have to say I wasn't as impressed as December but still think it's a great selection of products.

Enough rambling from me, here is what it included...







Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Moisturiser 30mL ($5.40/250mL)

Sheer Cover Nourishing Moisturiser 30mL ($29.95/60mL)

Sheer Cover Lipgloss ($19.95/2.5g)

Kosmea Daily Facial Exfoliant 20g ($39.95/125g)

Mirenesse Tight Liner Hydra Gel Eye Liner  ($29.95/2g)

Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi



The stand-out product from this box is definitely the full-size Mirenesse Hydro Gel Eye Liner. Although it's definitely more of a liquid liner in felt tip form. I received mine in a gorgeous dark navy blue colour called Saphire Blue. It's so dark that it looks black but when it catches the light you can definitely tell its a navy blue colour. 

I am also eager to try the Kosmea Daily Facial Exfoliant. It says you can use it as either a daily exfoliator or keep it on longer for a deep cleanse. I've never heard of this brand before but its natural and Australian made so what's not to like.

Also in the box were two products from the brand Sheer Cover, a full size lipgloss in Pink Praline and a facial moisturiser with SPF15. I'm not all that impressed with the lip gloss, mostly because I don't like glosses in pot form as I don't like to get my fingers dirty but the moisturiser is quite nice. It's a very lightweight formula which reminds me a lot of a Shiseido moisturiser I use to use for years. 

The Nivea moisturiser wasn't all that exciting but is a handy travel size so it will get used. 

Also included was a $25 gift voucher for clothing store The Iconic - which I have already used to purchase these awesome leggings. There was also a $5 off discount code to use for Glossy Box Man, which I probably won't be using as Blake's not one for metrossexualism lol

Ooo and last but not least there was some Ozzie Day temporary tattoos, which sadly I didn't get to use as our Oz day was quite low key considering the 41 degree weather!


Have you subscribed to a beauty box yet?? What did you get this month?

Hannah xoxo




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I just signed up to Lust Have It today. I was curious about the service and it will be a god talking point for my blog. Looked at lots of reviews and decided to give this one a shot.

Anonymous said...

dang, i havent recieved mine yet! hehe xx

Lipstick fridays@hotmail.co.uk said...

Love this post x I get the uk glossy box xx I think your bog is fab xx can we follow each other :) http://lipstick-fridays.blogspot.com/

Hannah said...

@Klara I signed my mum up for Lust Have It for Xmas for the year, that was the other one that interested me. She has got one box already and there was some nice stuff in it.

@Alexis oooo sorry for any spoliers!!

@Lipstick Fridays Thanks :) Is the UK version good too?

Bottled Beauty said...

My box was different. I missed out on the eyeliner and exfoliant, but got an Estee Lauder anti aging serum and a nail polish.

http://beautyinabottleat.blogspot.com/2012/01/glossybox-january-2012.html

Hannah said...

@Beauty in a bottle Were you happy with the box? It's good to know that they are different so they must pick it based on what you said in your survey at the beginning

lucypilz said...

Ohh I really wanted to sign up to this. It looks great. So much in it!

So glad i found your blog, it is so informative and helpful. I just became follower and excited for your future posts.

Why not pop by my blog if you have a chance and if you like it become a follower and enter the Spreets.com.au competition i am running (starting tomorrow after 9am). Enter and you may just have a little bit extra to spend on a beauty treatment for yourself :)

Luc X

www.loveluc.blogspot.com

Mumbai Call Girls said...

I got lots of information by your post. Everything define in this post very beautiful way. You should continue do this type of post.

montana said...

While you are creating the nail polish boxes perth for your products, consider making the packaging of these products as attractive as possible. Not only will this make your customers feel special and happy, but the customized packaging will also boost your brand name. While you're creating custom-made boxes, remember to consider the durability of the materials used in manufacturing them. If the packaging is made from a sturdy material, the contents will remain safe and protected.