Sunday, January 15, 2012

The $100 FOTD Challenge!!

Recently while I was catching up on reading one of my favourite blogs, Makeup and Macaroons, I saw that Lilit had come up with a really cool challenge of trying to create a FOTD for under $100AUD. 

As you all probably know by now (because of my incessant ranting of the fact) Australian make-up is super expensive when compared with other countries, so $100 for a full face would be pushing it. I thought this was such a fun challenge that I had to give it a go and see how I would do.

The products I used were ones I already had in my collection but perhaps haven't gotten as much love as their higher end counterparts.

So without further ado here is the face I created :)





Here is a close up picture of my eyes :)



So how much is my face worth?? Well let's break it down shall we...


Foundation: Covergirl TruBlend Liquid Makeup in 01 Ivory $19.95 from Priceline
Concealer: Maybelline Mineral Power Naturally Perfecting Concealer in Ivory $15.45 from Priceline
Powder: Savvy by DB Translucent Pressed Powder $4.95 from Pricline
Bronzer: Savvy by DB Jumbo Bronzer in Terracotta $9.95 from Priceline
Blush: 10 Pan Blush Palette $3 from Ebay
Eyebrows: Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil $8.50 from Priceline
Eyeshadow Base: Soft White Eye Kohl Pencil by BYS $3.95 from Gloss

For my eyes I used the Modernista Palette by Model's Prefer which I bought for $4 from Pricline (such a bargain!). I also used the lip colours in this palette to achieve my peachy pink pout and the white shimmery eyeshadow as a cheek highlight. 

Eyeliner: Savvy by DB Liquid Eyeliner in Black/Brown $3 from Priceline
Mascara: Maybelline the Colossal Volume Express in Glam Black $19.25 from Priceline

So my whole face comes to a total of....*drum roll please* $92.00!!!

Wow even using cheapie products its still almost $100 for a full face of makeup! On the other hand I do have $8 change.....time for another trip to Priceline!! :D

The Products I used

Thanks to Lilit for creating this challenge I had a lot of fun picking out my products and it's definitely inspired me to use some of my cheaper makeup items that I perhaps don't get enough love. 

Can you create a face for less than $100AUD??? If you do this challenge please link it below, I would love to read more of these posts!!

Hannah xoxo

11 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

The liquid liner looks good. You did a good job. Good luck on the contest.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Haute_Style said...

I have no idea how you did this! $100!? WELL DONE!

Beauty in the Sky said...

I have to have a go at this challenge sometime, I've been picking up a lot of Essence Cosmetics from Target and they're so cheap and good quality so I could use a lot of them in the look.

Vita said...

I've been loving these budget posts! Your eye makeup looks gorgeous BTW and I think you've got the winning total so far at $92!

Lilit said...

Thanks for doing the challenge! Loving the look! I bet if cosmetics cost here the same as in US we could do it in $50.

Hannah said...

@GirlieBlogger Thanks, I love using liquid liner I find it the easiest to use.

@Anni Haha no high end brand in sight thats how! Thanks :)

@Megan Definitely have a go I want to see yours! I haven't tried Essence, I must get to a Target and check them out. Are they similar to BYS?

@Vita Me too! Thanks so much :) That Models Prefer palette was a bit of an awesome find. Oooo how exciting!! I probably could have done it for even less if I'd used a cheaper mascara haha

@Lilit For sure we could haha I'm so jealous of the girls over there. Although looks like I will be heading over in March next year which I am super super excited about!! Great challenge btw xo

Priyanka said...

i love how u lined your eyes, looking great Hannah:) i saw this post too on Lilit's blog and am keen on doing it.

Hannah said...

@Priyanka Thanks hun :) Give it a go, I'd love to see the look you create, it's such a fun challenge!!

MissLauren said...

love your blog xx

@MissModelLauren
https://twitter.com/#!/MissModelLauren

http://missmodellauren.blogspot.com/
http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

Follow me x

Anonymous said...

hi- savvy by Db at priceline still available? i thought it was discontinued? they have some of the best products out- even though its so cheap the caring concelaer is incredible.

Hannah said...

Thanks Lauren :)

@Anon I hope it's not being discontinued! They still have it at my local Priceline. I will have to pick up that concealer next time I'm there, it sounds good!!