Monday, January 2, 2012

Merry Xmas/Happy New Year with a touch of GlossyBox

Hey lovelies,

Sorry I have been absent once again but you know how the holiday season can get. We have had friends and family staying with us for the past three weeks so I haven't had much time to blog. But I'm slowly getting back into the routine of everyday life which will mean more posts. 

So around the beginning of December I subscribed to my first of the Australian beauty box services. I'm sure your all familiar with these boxes by now but just in case there are some of you that aren't they are a monthly subscription that come with around 5 samples ranging from haircare, makeup, skincare and perfume. 

I subscribed to GlossyBox which is $14.95 a month and contains 5 luxury sized samples. It comes in a really pretty pink box with a note telling you about each product and how much the full size product costs. 

I got my first box mid december and was really impressed with what was inside. 







The first thing I was super excited about was the 2 samples of the new Calvin Klein perfume, Forbidden Euphoria. CK One is my everyday perfume and I love the CK Summer perfume they come out with each summer so I knew I would love this one and I did. I have already used up both samples! haha 


The next item was a 30mL sample of John Frieda's Frizz-Ease. I thought this was a good sized sample and have already used it a couple of times. I don't tend to have overly frizzy hair but this is a nice finishing product to keep my hair in place for longer.


I thought it was a little weird to have a sunscreen in the box but I really do need to use it more often so it's handy to have this on my makeup bench to remind me. 



The next item is actually a full sized product. It is a lip pencil by the brand Gorgeous Cosmetics in the colour Entourage. I'd never heard of the brand before so it was nice to be introduced to a new makeup brand. The colour is a nudey brown colour which is perfect as I know it will be used. I haven't used it yet but from swatching it the pencil is really creamy. 




The last was another full-sized product by the haircare brand Bed Head. I thought this was a really generous addition to the box as you get a tonne of product and it retails for $23.95AUD. It is a texturiser which is supposed to add volume and hold your hair in place. I haven't tried this yet but it smells great and I have heard good things about the brand.


They also included a candy cane! How cute haha

I know some of you are probably sick of these posts but I thought I would write it anyway for those of you who are interested. I love seeing what other people get in their boxes.

What did you guys do for new years/christmas?? Are you subscribed to any of these beauty boxes?

Hannah xoxo

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wow Hannah, your box was totally different to mine. I liked it but doubt I'll use the Funky Gunk...but you are right about the Gorgeous pencil.

Živa said...

Oooh, a Bed Head product AND Frizz Ease? What an amazing beauty box, I wish I could subscribe. :( Awww, and they included a candy cane, that's so sweet. <3 :)

Hannah said...

@beastandbeauty What different did you get in your box?? Did you get a good colour for the lip liner?

@Summer Yeah I was pretty impressed, why can't you subscribe?

RoxyandRoy said...

Your glossy box was different to mine, I got the lightening spray and I didn't get the sunscreen and instead of funk gunk got bed head manipulator.

I am not taken with the CK Forbidden Euphoria though, I found it didn't last long enough and was high on florals and low on wood scents.

Candice said...

I'm not sick of these posts, I love reading them! I have given you a blog award (the Liebster blog award) because you seriously deserve it!

http://candiceyoureview.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-blog-award.html

xxCandice

Hannah said...

@RoxyRoy It's good to know that the boxes differ. Did you like yours? I love floral scents haha so it was great for me

@Candice Yay!! Thanks hun! I will check it out and get a post up soon xo