I recently won two giveaways for these creams hosted on Lilit's blog Makeup and Macaroons and Coco's blog Prettymom. I know right? Pretty lucky to win twice!!
|Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter in Light|
As part of the giveaway you were sent two creams, one in light and the other medium. I am going to be giving away one set of these creams in my 100 follower giveaway coming up soon so keep a look out for that if you are keen to try these!
BB creams have been pretty popular in the online beauty world for a while now, however they can be tricky to get your hands on so to have a company like Garnier, which is widely available in a lot of countries, release their own bb cream is pretty cool.
|Swatch of BB cream in shade Light|
Now since I haven't tried any other brands of BB cream I cannot give you a comparison of this one to those but from what I have seen online these creams differ a little from the original asian-branded ones. For starters they seem to be thicker than the average bb cream and look to me more like a tinted moisturiser. Also a lot of the bb creams I have seen reviewed seem to be a bit ashy in colour and then change to suit your skin tone. With this cream I do see it changing to suit my skin tone but only slightly.
|Left: Light shade, Right: Medium shade|
Garnier claims that "skin is beautified, hydrated and protected" and that it "evens complexion, reduces sun spots & imperfections, boots healthy glow and is a tinted 24H hydration with UV protection of SPF 15"
So what do I think? Well here's a list of the good and the bad.
- Evens out skin tone and covers minor imperfections.
- Doesn't feel heavy on the skin.
- Changes slightly to suit the colour of your skin.
- Provides a nice "no makeup" base.
- Not greasy.
- Applies nicely with fingers.
- Leaves you with a nice glow and slightly dewy look.
- It has an SPF 15 so gives you some protection from the sun.
- It has a strong floral scent which seems to stick around once applied.
- It's only available in two shades, so hard to match if you aren't similar to one of the shades.
- Doesn't last all day, however when I have set this with a powder like my MAC MSF I find it does last a whole day at work.
- Only comes in a 15ml tube where most foundations are 30ml. **Edit: It's actually 50ml sorry! I fail at reading tubes clearly...**
Cue scary before and after photos! Eeeeek
|Left: Before, Right: After application of bb cream|
|Left: Before, Right: After|
Would I buy this? Absolutely for $13.95AUD it is rather affordable and on the days I don't want to put on a full face of foundation I have been using this and really liking the natural looking result.
Do I recommend it? I'd recommend this product to people looking for a light coverage tinted moisturiser whose skin tone fits either one of the two shades. I think it would be more suited to those with normal or dry skin as it does leave a dewy look to the skin, which I know a lot of oily skinned girls aren't a fan of. However, if you set it with a powder it tones down the dewiness. If you are sensitive to scents I would not recommend this for you.
And here is a close up look of the product on my skin;
|Close up of bb cream on my skin|
As you can see from the photos it is quite light coverage but I find it still covers minor imperfections and it does even out my skin tone nicely.
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector can be purchased anywhere that stocks Garnier. For example Priceline, Big W, K-Mart, Target, supermarkets or selected chemists.
Have you tried this yet? What are your thoughts?
Hope you are having a great weekend!!