Sunday, October 9, 2011

Review: MAC Paint Pot in Indianwood

I have been lusting over this particular paint pot for a while now and was lucky enough to have my mum bring it back for me from Italy. 


Since buying my first paint pot in Rubenesque I hadn't really been blown away by them like most people seem to be. However again and again I kept hearing of how much people loved them and thought maybe my one was just a dud. So I thought I would give them another go and this time I was definitely blown away.

Indianwood is apart of the permanent paint pot collection which MAC describes as an "metallic antique bronze" and I think that sums it up perfectly. The colour reminds me a lot of the MAC eyeshadow Woodwinked. One thing I have noticed is that when applied to my eyes in tends to turn a bit more of a coppery colour (which Woodwinked also does) so I do think the colour will differ slightly depending on your skin tone, however, it's a very universal colour that anyone could pull off. 


The thing that blew me away about this paint pot as opposed to Rubenesque is that it is a lot thicker in consistency and therefore shows up a lot more pigmented, which is a big improvement. It also has amazing staying power. I have normal/dry skin and where Rubenesque creases on me within a couple of hours Inidanwood lasted my whole working day, which is about 12hrs. This was without a primer underneath and without any shadow to set it. 


That's the other thing I love about this paint pot, you can just swipe it over your lid, blend the edge out with a skin-toned matte shadow and you have a gorgeous look that literally takes maybe a minute to do. Especially good when you are up at 6.30am and just want to go back to bed!

Photo taken in the morning before work

Here I am just wearing Indianwood all over and blended out the crease with the colour Naked from the naked palette (a matte light brown). I also smudged some black liner in the outer corner. 

Same day but 12hrs later (excuse the bad lighting, it was dark out!!)

And here is the same look but 12 hours later! As you can see it still looks pretty much identical to when I first applied it. 

Indianwood can be applied with a brush (I use a concealer brush) or just with your fingers, which is what I prefer as the warmth in your finger helps to blend the colour. I also find that the colour is even more pigmented on the eye when applied with a finger. 

Would I repurchase? Absolutely. Great pigmentation, Amazing staying power and a beautiful colour!

Indianwood paint pot can be purchased from MAC for $35AUD. (The US price is $17.50USD)


Have you tried Indianwood? What is your opinion on MAC paint pots?

Hope you are all having a great weekend!!

Hannah xoxo

8 comments:

Beauty in the Sky said...

Everyone seems to be reviewing these at the moment, makes me want to buy some so bad! This is such a gorgeous colour, I'd definitely love to own this!

prettymom said...

gorgeous color. and amazing staying power!

Makeup and Mutts said...

It looks lovely!<3

Hannah said...

@Beauty in the Sky: I know, I was a bit hesitant to do this review because I have seen one or two but I just had to put my two cents in! haha

@Prettymom: It really blew me away with the staying power, especially because I find Rubenesque creases on me within a few hours.

@Vintage Makeup: It's such a gorgeous colour xo

Ahalya (Bug's Beauty Blog) said...

I love Indianwood! It's one of my fave paint pots. You should try it with Woodwinked e/s over it.
I like the colour of Rubenesque but the texture of it is so different to the creamy texture of Indianwood. That's my only gripe with paint pots, the textures between shades is not consistent and some just tend to be clumpy while others are so easy to apply!

Hannah said...

It's an amazing paint pot!! Which other ones do you own? Yeah I wish Rubenesque had Indianwood's texture, it would be amazing then!

Haute_Style said...

Geez, lady! You've got some AWESOME products! This paint pot is stunning! AND it will go so nicely with your YSL Rouge Volupte in Fauberg (sp) Peach!

Hannah said...

Haha yeah I love it when mum goes overseas because I get to put my requests in. I'm a very spoilt daughter that's for sure!