In a rush to do your eye makeup? Or do you find it all a bit too hard? Why not use a little magic!
A little while ago the lovely folks at Glow & Glamour sent me a few products to test out, included in the pack were a few Magic Eyes. I had seen these around in the past but passed them off as a gimmicky product that wouldn't really work.
Ever the curious beauty blogger I decided to give these a try and was pleasantly surprised with the results. They are super easy to apply and actually come off very pigmented. They do require slight blending around the edges but apart from that your eyeshadow application is done in one step!
|Magic Eyes from Glow & Glamour|
I was sent three colour combinations, a neutral purple grey combo, a bright orange and pale green combo and a bright blue combo. The one I was most interested in trying first was the more neutral toned one. Here is a few pictures showing how I applied it.
1. Start with a bare eye. If you want the colours to last a bit longer and appear more vibrant I would definitely recommend using an eye primer. I used the Nars eye primer before beginning.
2. Open the box and pull out the foam pad, being careful not to mess up the colours.
|Magic Eyes #1 Pink Bloom|
3. Place it on your eye lid and press down.
4. Pull off the pad being careful not to move it around. It should look something like this. As you can see it does look a little funny but the next step will fix that.
5. Take a big fluffy blending blush and very lightly blend the outer edges and the inner corner.
6. Add your finishing touches and you have a magic eye!
Here are the results of the other two colour combinations;
|Magic Eyes #11 Summer Meadows|
When I saw this colour combination I was a bit skeptical but I really love it on the eyes, it looks gorgeous.
|Magic Eyes #13 Blue Lagoon|
This one reminds me of Mimi from the Drew Carey show, perfect for dress up parties or if you are more adventurous!
The only problem I noticed with these is that they can have a lot of fallout so I would recommend doing your base after your eyes if you use these.
Magic Eyes are available to purchase online at Glow & Glamour. They retail for $3.80USD each and are available in nine different colour combinations.
Have you tried a product like this? What did you think??
**Products provided for review. All opinions are 100% honest as per my disclosure statement.