Last week my family went on a holiday to Bali for a week to celebrate my mum and new step-dad Kim getting married last weekend. Yes they took us on their honeymoon...a little weird (i know) but very nice of them and a lot of fun!
I've been lucky enough to visit Bali many times growing up so I knew what to expect and what makeup I would need to bring with me. I knew I would be favouring a natural look due to the heat so I tried not too pack too much...tried and kinda failed lol.
|L-R: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, Garnier Miracle Skin |
Perfector BB Cream, Ansley New York Multi Fit BB Cream.
1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation - I chose this as it is quite lightweight and I knew I would be going out to some nice places at night so I wanted to have a foundation with me but not something that would melt off in the heat.
2. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream - I love this BB cream and thought it would be perfect however I didn't use it once as I favoured the Ansley BB cream.
3. Ansley New York Multi Fit BB Cream - I received this recently from the lovely people at Glow and Glamour and have fallen it love with it since this trip. I used this most days I was in Bali as it has an SPF and was natural-looking and not heavy. It also comes with a lip/cheek colour in the cap and a little mirror which was really handy. Full review will be coming soon.
|L-R: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Illuminator, MAC MSF Natural, |
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer, Thin Lizzy Concealer Creme.
4. MAC MSF Natural - My favourite face powder as it looks so natural and it helped my makeup last longer through the hot days.
5 + 6. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer and the Illuminator - The solution to under eye circles!!! I love the concealer and the illuminator was a new purchase which I love for under eyes as well as for illuminating the face.
7. Thin Lizzy Concealer Creme - A great concealer for covering blemishes which stays all day and doesn't cake. I received this in one of my GlossyBox's recently and really like it.
|L-R: Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer, BYS Baked Bronzer in Golden |
Shimmer, Nars Cream Blush in Cactus Flower, Nars Multiple in Maldives,
Clairns Instant Light Blush in Coral Tonic.
8. Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer - This is one of my favourite bronzers as I am quite pale and it's not too dark for my skin tone.
9. BYS Golden Shimmer Baked Bronzer - I rediscovered this recently, it gives my skin that Victoria's Secret looking skin (now if only it could give me the body too!!) look which I love especially for island holidays.
10. Nars Mulitple in Maldives - This has island holiday all over it, I mean what do you expect considering its name. I love this for highlighting and for adding shimmer to my body for nights.
11. Nars Cream Blush in Cactus Flower - I love this blush but don't get to use it much in everyday life so I thought this holiday would be the perfect opportunity for me to show it some love.
12. Clairns Instant Light Blush in Coral Tonic- A new addition to my collection courtesy of my lovely mum! I was showing her a Lisa Eldridge makeup tutorial on youtube and she used this blush. Mum remembered me loving it so she bought it for me when she was overseas the last time. I love this and used it most days I was away.
|L-R: Beauty Essentials Be Warm Eyeshadow Palette, Covergirl 24hr mascara, |
UD 24/7 Zero Eyeliner, Models Prefer Clear Mascara,
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara,
MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque, Australis Pencil Sharpener.
13. Beauty Essentials Be Warm Eyeshadow Palette - I saw this at Priceline before I left for around five dollars and thought it would be the perfect palette to travel with as it's small and contains great neutral shades.
14. CoverGirl 24hr Mascara - I bought this mascara as it is very long-wearing and doesn't smudge.
15. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero - For nights out when I wanted to put a little extra effort into my eye makeup.
16. Models Prefer Clear Mascara - Used to control my brows.
17. NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk - To use as a base for eyeshadow, although I didn't use this very much.
18. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara - This was $10 duty free, I couldn't pass that up!
19. MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque - To use as a base or on its on for a quick wash of colour on the lid.
20. Australis Pencil Sharpener - Fits both my eyeliner and jumbo pencil, bought it just in case!
|L-R: Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie, Nars Chihuahua lipgloss, |
MAC Viva Glam V Lipglass, MAC Blankety Lipstick.
21. Revlon Lip Butter Raspberry Pie - Just in case I wanted to do a bold lip one night...I didn't haha
22. Nars Lipgloss in Chihuahua - One of my favourite glosses so I had to bring it.
23. MAC Lipglass Viva Glam V - Another favourite gloss which looks great over the lippie I bought along.
24. MAC Blankety Lipstick - My favourite lipstick and go to for night-times.
|A whole lotta dirty brushes!|
25. And here are all the brushes I bought with my...I know I went a little crazy haha Probably used about half of these.
I hope this post was helpful to any of you going on holidays soon! Where is your favourite place to holiday to?? And what makeup do you bring??
Love Hannah xox