Monday, May 21, 2012

What's in my travel makeup bag??

Overflowing!

Last week my family went on a holiday to Bali for a week to celebrate my mum and new step-dad Kim getting married last weekend. Yes they took us on their honeymoon...a little weird (i know) but very nice of them and a lot of fun!

I've been lucky enough to visit Bali many times growing up so I knew what to expect and what makeup I would need to bring with me. I knew I would be favouring a natural look due to the heat so I tried not too pack too much...tried and kinda failed lol.

L-R: Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation, Garnier Miracle Skin
Perfector BB Cream, Ansley New York Multi Fit BB Cream.

1. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation - I chose this as it is quite lightweight and I knew I would be going out to some nice places at night so I wanted to have a foundation with me but not something that would melt off in the heat.

2. Garnier Miracle Skin Perfecter BB Cream - I love this BB cream and thought it would be perfect however I didn't use it once as I favoured the Ansley BB cream.

3. Ansley New York Multi Fit BB Cream - I received this recently from the lovely people at Glow and Glamour and have fallen it love with it since this trip. I used this most days I was in Bali as it has an SPF and was natural-looking and not heavy. It also comes with a lip/cheek colour in the cap and a little mirror which was really handy. Full review will be coming soon.

L-R: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Illuminator, MAC MSF Natural,
Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer, Thin Lizzy Concealer Creme.

4. MAC MSF Natural - My favourite face powder as it looks so natural and it helped my makeup last longer through the hot days.

5 + 6. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Concealer and the Illuminator - The solution to under eye circles!!! I love the concealer and the illuminator was a new purchase which I love for under eyes as well as for illuminating the face. 

7. Thin Lizzy Concealer Creme - A great concealer for covering blemishes which stays all day and doesn't cake. I received this in one of my GlossyBox's recently and really like it.

L-R: Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer, BYS Baked Bronzer in Golden
Shimmer, Nars Cream Blush in Cactus Flower, Nars Multiple in Maldives,
Clairns Instant Light Blush in Coral Tonic. 

8. Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer - This is one of my favourite bronzers as I am quite pale and it's not too dark for my skin tone. 

9. BYS Golden Shimmer Baked Bronzer - I rediscovered this recently, it gives my skin that Victoria's Secret looking skin (now if only it could give me the body too!!) look which I love especially for island holidays.

10. Nars Mulitple in Maldives - This has island holiday all over it, I mean what do you expect considering its name. I love this for highlighting and for adding shimmer to my body for nights.

11. Nars Cream Blush in Cactus Flower - I love this blush but don't get to use it much in everyday life so I thought this holiday would be the perfect opportunity for me to show it some love.

12. Clairns Instant Light Blush in Coral Tonic- A new addition to my collection courtesy of my lovely mum! I was showing her a Lisa Eldridge makeup tutorial on youtube and she used this blush. Mum remembered me loving it so she bought it for me when she was overseas the last time. I love this and used it most days I was away.

L-R: Beauty Essentials Be Warm Eyeshadow Palette, Covergirl 24hr mascara,
UD 24/7 Zero Eyeliner, Models Prefer Clear Mascara,
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk, Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara,
 MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque, Australis Pencil Sharpener. 

13. Beauty Essentials Be Warm Eyeshadow Palette - I saw this at Priceline before I left for around five dollars and thought it would be the perfect palette to travel with as it's small and contains great neutral shades.

14. CoverGirl 24hr Mascara - I bought this mascara as it is very long-wearing and doesn't smudge.

15. Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero - For nights out when I wanted to put a little extra effort into my eye makeup.

16. Models Prefer Clear Mascara - Used to control my brows.

17. NYX Jumbo Pencil in Milk - To use as a base for eyeshadow, although I didn't use this very much.

18. Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara - This was $10 duty free, I couldn't pass that up! 

19. MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque  - To use as a base or on its on for a quick wash of colour on the lid.

20. Australis Pencil Sharpener - Fits both my eyeliner and jumbo pencil, bought it just in case!

L-R: Revlon Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie, Nars Chihuahua lipgloss,
MAC Viva Glam V Lipglass, MAC Blankety Lipstick.
21. Revlon Lip Butter Raspberry Pie - Just in case I wanted to do a bold lip one night...I didn't haha

22. Nars Lipgloss in Chihuahua - One of my favourite glosses so I had to bring it.

23. MAC Lipglass Viva Glam V - Another favourite gloss which looks great over the lippie I bought along.

24. MAC Blankety Lipstick - My favourite lipstick and go to for night-times.

A whole lotta dirty brushes!

25. And here are all the brushes I bought with my...I know I went a little crazy haha Probably used about half of these.

I hope this post was helpful to any of you going on holidays soon! Where is your favourite place to holiday to?? And what makeup do you bring??

Love Hannah xox

6 comments:

Star Vogue said...

Love all the items you took with you and I am just as bad always say I'll keep make up items to a minimum but always end up taking more than i need!! I really cant wait on your review on the Ansley BB cream where do you get them as I want one!!
http://starvogue84.blogspot.com

Hannah said...

Haha yeah I thought I was being so good too only taking one small eyeshadow palette!

I was actually contacted by the people at Glow and Glamour to review a few of their products and the Ansley BB Cream was one of the products they sent me. However I'll definitely be re-purchasing this from them once its all gone. It's $16.90 on their site and shipping is quite reasonable too. Their site is glowandglamour.com I should have the review for it up in the next couple of weeks.

:) Hannah

Sarah @ abeautifulstory said...

I try to pack as little makeup as possible when travelling. Foundation or BB, powder, blush (often one that I can also use on my eyes - earth toned) and mascara! Let's not forget the SPF ;) I can't wait to see the Ansley BB cream review as that product sounds awesome!

Ps. I've blogged about the avocado mask! :)

Hannah said...

@Sarah I wish I was as disciplined as you when it comes to packing haha you sound like you have it under control!

Ooo I will head to your blog and read now :)

Review should be up soon!

Soho Skincare said...

I can totally relate with the photos.. When i'm traveling instead of trying to bring a few things with me i tend to like bring my whole closet hahahaha it's like have to always be ready in case some paparazzis are around...

Hannah said...

@Soho Skincare Haha me too! It's so bad, whenever I am on a plane i'm always so nervous when my bag goes on the scales haha