Sunday, March 24, 2013

JAPAN!

Recently I got home from one of the most incredible places I have been to yet...JAPAN! Blake and I booked this holiday so long ago that we thought it was never going to come and it came and went in a flash :(

An intersection in Tokyo

The reason for the trip was to visit the snow in Niseko, where Blake's friend was renting a house, and of course go snowboarding. This was going to be the whole trip but I insisted that we could not go to Japan without visiting Tokyo!

Freezing cold!

So we spent 3 days in Tokyo before heading to Niseko for 8 nights and finished up in Sapporo for the last night before heading home.

The famous Harajuku st!

Harajuku street - unfortunately we didn't see too many people dressed up
- I think it was too cold!

Tokyo was incredible. Our favourite part was the people watching and in a city that big there is a lot of it! We also loved travelling on the trains and managed to only get lost once in doing so, which I was pretty impressed with. Three days might not seem enough time for such a big city but Blake and I found it was just right, by the end of it we were getting a bit sick of being surrounded by so many people.

A fun run going on, this street had all the major designers stores
A Chanel store in Shibuya
A gorgeous chapel we found by accident wandering through Shibuya

Niseko was absolutely mind blowing! The amount of snow in that place is just insane. The streets are lined with it and it didn't stop snowing the whole time we were there. Of course this made the snowboarding pretty amazing, although pretty hard for me as I was still learning. Eventually though I picked it up and can now proudly say that I can snowboard :) I even ventured into an off the path treed area, not on purpose, but I still did it without falling over or hitting a tree! haha

Gorgeous snow covered pine trees

A house covered!
The house we stayed in :)
Blake was very excited
The view from our window
The walls of snow in the town
Volcano Yotei in Niseko
Me after falling down the hill we climbed up to get the last photo!

Our amazing snowman!

Japan was really incredible and we will definitely be going back...hopefully soon!

Have any of you been to Japan? Where was your favourite place?

Hope you all had a great weekend :)

Hannah xox

2 comments:

M + K said...

Lucky you! Looks like you guys had an awesome time :)

www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

Hannah said...

Yeah it was incredible! Definitely recommend it :)